Follow Me on PinterestFollow on Bloglovin

Sunday 1 September 2013

Smiling Sunday! (Things I love #10)

Hope you are all well, this week seems like a bit of a catch-up of things I meant to post a longggg time ago but never got around to. Hope you like it :)

1. Black studded handbag

I bought this way back in May but haven't featured it yet! I bought it from Topshop in Swindon, it was half-price in the sale; £20 reduced from £40, it isn't leather.  I love it.


2. This book by Emma Koenig.
  I bought this a few months ago from Urban Outfitters.  It is a really funny book with cute illustrations and I think a lot of us can relate to the messages about day-to-day life as a supposed adult!

3. Chris Evans' 2nd book
This week I read 'Memoirs of a Fruitcake' by Chris Evans.  I listen to him on Radio 2 sometimes, but am by no means a massive fan and thought he seemed pretty arrogant back in the day but I found this book brutally honest.  I think he admits his faults openly, has faced a lot of his demons and makes a point of showing affection for the people who have truly meant something to him in his life so far. I find him to be very witty and the book was hard to put down!

4. My new shoes!




I bought these this week, they are made by Bussola and are the in the shade 'tan'.  I bought them in the sale in Mastershoe.  They are real leather and I bought them for £19.99 reduced from £45.99.



5.Flaws by Bastille: I know this has been around for ages but I go through phases of listening to things non-stop, then forgetting about them, then rediscovering them! Beautiful lyrics and I love the tones of Dan Smith's voice.


6.That's the Way- Led Zeppelin.  I came across this on the soundtrack to Almost Famous (love that film!) and often play it when I'm out for a stroll! It seems like such a warm summery song.
7. That kiss!!! (Nick and Jess in New Girl.)
Via Tumblr
Via Tumblr
via Tumblr

 I know this all aired agggges ago in the USA but it has only been shown in the UK over the last few weeks and I can't believe I haven't put it on my blog sooner!   I am a hopeless romantic, hence several pictures/video clips for this tension-kicking moment.
I maintain that 'I meant something like that' has got to be one of the best screen lines after a kiss, ever!!

P.S. I'm a little bit in love with Nick Miller at the moment.. Yes, I am fully aware he is a fictitious character.
If you haven't seen the kiss you can check it out above (via Youtube), just ignore the cheesy reporters, sorry!

8. Daisy ring
Got this cute hand-made ring when I went to Sidmouth Folk Festival recently. It's relatively simple and made from Fimo but I think it's fun for summer. For more info check out her collection on flickr or contact helengilbert@live.co.uk
The nail varnish I'm wearing in this photo is 028 'Minted' by Revlon.



9. Cherries fan
Saw this cherries fan in a shop window while I was away in Barcelona.  So cute for keeping cool! It was quite pricey though :(

What has made you smile this week?

Peebreeks xx

1 comment:

  1. I just adored that kiss and the way they ended New Girl. I can't wait for the new season to come back on!

    ReplyDelete