Follow Me on PinterestFollow on Bloglovin

Monday 9 September 2013

Make-up: Real Techniques blush brush and shading brush

I have been using the Core Collection brushes by Real Techniques for a few months now and have been keen to add to my collection ever since! They were famously launched last year by Samantha Chapman; one half of Pixiwoo and have been a massive hit with beauty bloggers everywhere.
I went into Boots recently and discovered that the Real Techniques brushes were on special offer: buy one, get one half price.  So I purchased (I actually paid with Boots store points!) the Real Techniques blusher brush and shading brush.

They are similar in style to the other brushes from the range; with super-smooth bristles and free-standing bases.  I like the way each brush has its name on the side and there are different coloured brushes for the different collections, making it easy to grab when you're in a rush!
I have been using the blush brush frequently since I bought it, it is the perfect size and the bristles seem quite fine so it doesn't pick up too much blusher, great even application. It feels really soft, which is great when you have sensitive skin.

I don't wear eyeshadow as often, but I have been trying out the shading brush. Again, it is really smooth, I use it to apply and blend my eyeshadow.  The brushes seem well designed and are known to be multi-functional, e.g. the blush brush could also be used for powder. Their variety of purposes means that if you're on a budget, you don't need to spend money on a whole collection of brushes.
Overall, I think these brushes are a good buy.  They don't shed hairs, they are cruelty-free and they are much cheaper than other professional make-up brushes.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say they are cheap, but I think they are definitely good value for money.  I have had the Core Collection brushes for over 9 months and they look and work as good as new!

Do you use any Real Techniques brushes?  What do you think?

Peebreeks xx


No comments:

Post a Comment