Follow Me on PinterestFollow on Bloglovin

Saturday 29 December 2012

Mulled wine/cider recipe

A few people asked how I made the mulled cider and wine that we had at my party last weekend. 
Unfortunately I forgot to take photos :(   
I adapted the recipe from Jamie Oliver, see Jamie's mulled wine

Take 2 large saucepans and use ladles to serve.
I used approx 200g sugar, 2 star anise, about 9 whole cloves, a cinnamon stick, peel, juice and segments from about 4 clementines, peel from 1 lemon, then added the wine/cider enough to cover sugar and juice mix.  
Then I added a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and some grated nutmeg.
Then add the rest of the wine/ cider. 
(I used 1.5 litres of wine and 2 litres of cider to start then made more up later because it was in demand!!)
   
I sliced some apple and orange for decoration and added a sprinkle of ground ginger to the cider only.   I'm not usually a cider fan cos of the fizz, but I really liked the mulled cider, spicy and sweet, yummmm :)

I just used Thatchers cider as I knew some of my friends drink Thatchers and it's cheap for 2 litre bottles!
 Got lots of compliments and there was hardly any left, so I think it went down well!! 
Hope you find this recipe useful :)

Peebreeks xx

No comments:

Post a Comment